Kiron Open Higher Education gGmbH is a non-profit organisation founded in 2015 with the mission to enable access to high-quality education for refugees and underserved communities through digital solutions. Our team of Kironistas is international, agile and thinks out-of-the-box. We are education experts, techies, designers, project managers, communicators, grant writers, researchers, coffee-drinkers, innovators and dreamers, all united in our passion to democratise digital education.
We are seeking a passionate and experienced Freelance Data Analyst to support our product and program teams in making data-driven decisions and using data collected through surveys to measure learning success by collating, visualising, and analysing. You will also assist in measuring our impact outcomes and make data easily understandable through the BI tool Metabase.
About the position…
As our new Freelance Data Analyst….
...you will collaborate closely with our programs and product teams as well as our fundraisers, communication experts. You will expand and solidify our product analytics capabilities and our measurement of learning success.
To succeed and grow in this position, you will likely be:
- A good communicator and highly motivated to drive new ideas.
- Good with numbers, hands-on and detail-oriented.
- Willing to work in an agile team and fast-paced environment.
- A proactive individual capable of working independently with instruction, adapting to changes and maintaining an overview of multiple work streams.
- Be driven by curiosity and a desire to learn new technologies and skills to transform data into insights that create value.
- Fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
… And will likely have:
Ideally, you might also have:
- Strong track record in understanding, cleaning, handling, analysing and visualising data.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Relational Database Systems (e.g. PostgreSQL).
- Proficiency in writing and interpreting queries, understanding the concepts of views and materialised views.
- Prior experience or good understanding of business intelligence tools, preferably Metabase.
- Hands-on experience with Metabase (or similar such as Tableau or Power BI) and spreadsheets
- Proficiency in a programming language (e.g. R or Python)
- The knowledge of statistics and the ability to identify and explore patterns and trends that data reveals
- Excellent organisational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Interacted with Monitoring & Evaluation as a concept and source of data.
- Experience in building dashboards, managing kpis, and performing data analysis.
Are you ready to join our mission?
Are you ready to join our mission? Then please submit your application.
If you have questions about the position or want to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the role’s demands, don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com.
Kiron Open Higher Education is committed to empowerment and inclusion and continuously works to create a diverse, safe and inclusive work environment. Therefore, we welcome applications from all people - regardless of cultural and social background, gender, age, religion, world-view or sexual orientation. In line with our values, we especially encourage people with refugee- or migration backgrounds, as well as people with disabilities, to apply. If you have any questions or constructive feedback on the topic of inclusion at Kiron, please get in touch with us.